Storytelling in an entrepreneurial context means, first of all, to wrap your company’s message in a vivid story, a story that attracts attention, arouses emotions and creates curiosity. It’s not about describing your products or services but about conveying feelings and messages. Every decision we make connects with an emotional response to the product or service we’re purchasing. The more our potential customers connect with your company on an emotional level, the better they identify with you; the longer you and your business will stick in their minds.
Stories merge information and emotion, allowing the audience to envision themselves in situations, including getting closer to you as an entrepreneur. It’s through your story that audiences feel your message first-hand.
All businesses have an origin of life story. However, often we use the same story over and over again. At times, we need to recreate our business image. When this happens, old narratives need refreshing, and by rewriting our stories, we create exciting new opportunities for ourselves and our businesses.
By the end of this module, you will understand and know-how and why it’s essential to keep updating and revamping your business story – areas covered are:
- Outline goals, plans and expectations of new brand storytelling.
- Understand the motivation behind the brand story revamp.
- Discover if your unique brand story is in alignment with your goals.
- Fall in love with your new brand story before rewriting it, so you stand out from the crowd.
- Write your new business narrative through different lenses to create new ideas for your business’s growth.